Does the idea of selecting the right college for radiologic technology seem overwhelming? Have you already selected a college that’s right for you, but are not sure what to expect from the radiography program and the training you will receive?
Becoming a Radiologic Technologist pulls together the information you need to find the school that’s right for you and walks you through the two-year radiography program laying out expectations, tips for student success and future career pathways in radiology.
Becoming a Radiologic Technologist is divided into three parts:
Part One – Considering Life as a Radiologic Technologist
- Sorts truth from fiction about what an average day looks like as a radiologic technologist
- the current and future job market to provide realistic expectations
- Distinguishes the significant differences between the many school options available to you
- Provides a short self assessment to help you determine if radiologic technology is the right career choice for you
- Discusses how various schools select students through different application processes
Part Two – Life as a Student Radiologic Technologist
- Tips for achieving success as a radiography student
- What is expected of you and what you can expect from your program
- Do’s and don’ts for professional behavior in the health care setting
- Wrapping up the student experience and considering advanced training
Part Three – Life as a Radiologic Technologist
- Congratulations! You successfully completed the radiography program
- I’m working as a radiologic technologist, and I want to specialize. Where do I go from here?
- Higher education as a radiologic technologist When I first entered the field twelve years ago, there was limited information available about radiography programs. Fast-forward to 2012; this hasn’t changed much except for the large amount of misinformation presented on the internet as fact from writers with no professional background in the field of radiography. I wrote this book as a response to that misinformation, as well as an answer to the many frequently asked questions I receive from prospective students of radiography.Far from being a textbook, Becoming a Radiologic Technologist shares some of my most valuable lessons learned from personal experiences in the field. Combined with detailed and practical information provided, this book will serve as a terrific guide as you pursue a career in the field of radiography!
To learn more about the Author, click here.